University of Toronto

Transcript Centre

Transcripts FAQ


Transcripts FAQ

Q: What if I do not remember my student number? +

A: If you do not know your student number or have forgotten your PIN, you must contact your College Registrar’s Office (for Arts and Science students) or your Faculty Registrar’s Office (for students from all other divisions) for assistance.  Alternatively you can order your transcript using the paper request form.

Q: What do I do if I do not remember my ACORN/ROSI username and PIN? +

A: If you do not remember your ACORN/ROSI user name or your PIN, you must contact your College Registrar’s Office (for Arts and Science students) or your Faculty Registrar’s Office (for students from all other divisions) for assistance.  Alternatively you can order your transcript using the paper request form.

Q: How much does a transcript cost? +

A: $12 Canadian per copy.  It does not matter what destination your transcript is being sent to.

Q: What forms of payment are accepted? +

A:  Visa, Visa Debit, Mastercard and AMEX, when ordering on-line or in-person. Payment by Interac/debit card may be made in person only.

Q: Will you notify me when my transcript has been sent? +

A: Unfortunately we are unable to notify you when your transcript has been sent.  Please refer to the processing times for ROSI requests or form requests and delivery/pick up options for estimated processing and delivery times.  If you have requested your transcript on ROSI (the Student Web Service) you can log in anytime to check the status of your request.

Q: I do not want an official transcript, how do I get a copy of my academic history? +

A: You may get an unofficial copy of your academic history from ROSI (the Student Web Service).

Q: Why do In Progress courses (IPR) show on my transcript even though I completed the course? +

A: If you enrolled in a full year (Y) course it will show in progress (or IPR) for the fall term as at the end of that session as you were still enrolled in the course.  IPRs are permanent on your record for the fall term for all Y courses.  Your final grade will only be reported (i.e. show on your transcript) in the winter term when the course is completed.

Q: What information is recorded on my transcript? +


  1. Student name
  2. Student ID number
  3. Day and month of birth (year not included)
  4. Registration history summary
  5. Degrees conferred (if applicable)
  6. Programs completed (if applicable)
  7. University of Toronto campus
  8. Advanced credits from previous institutions (does not include grades)
  9. Academic standing (e.g. in good standing, probation, suspension)
  10. Program and degree
  11. All courses listed by course code, name , and final grades received
  12. Current enrolments (if applicable)
  13. Grade point average (GPA), Cumulative GPA (CGPA), Sessional and Annual GPA
  14. Course weight – Y for a full year course and H for a half course
  15. Degrees Awarded (if applicable)

Q: I need my transcript as soon as possible. What is the fastest way to get it? +

A: The fastest way to request your transcript is via ROSI (the Student Web Service).  The transcript request form is the next fastest option.  See the Processing Time section on each page for further information.

Q: How can I cancel my transcript request? +

A:  To cancel your transcript request please email or call 416.978.2190 for an immediate response during business hours. Please note if the transcript has already been produced it cannot be cancelled and no refund will be issued.

Q: If the recipient does not get my transcript, can I get a new one sent for free? +

A:   Duplicate transcripts are issued upon the request of the student/alumnus at no charge within six months of the initial request date and only if the recipient has not received the original transcript after two weeks for destinations within Canada and four weeks for US and international destination. Such requests should be made directly to University of Toronto Transcript Centre. Changes to the recipient address constitute a new chargeable request.

Q: Does the University of Toronto issue electronic versions of the transcript to students/alumni? +

A:  The University of Toronto does not currently issue electronic versions of transcripts, only paper transcripts are considered the official transcript.

Q: I have placed a transcript request for my UofT transcript through OUAC. I would like to know when it will be produced. Who can help me with this? +

A: You will need to contact the relevant office listed below:

Application-related inquiries: 519.823.1063
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. EST
Thursday: 10:00 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. EST

All other inquiries: 519.823.1940
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. EST
Thursday: 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. EST

1.888.892.2228 (toll free in Canada) or 519.763.4725
Monday to Friday:  8:30am – 5:00pm EST

Q: How do I arrange for additional documents to be attached to my transcript before being mailed out? +

A: If the recipient (e.g., an educational institution) requires that a tracking form be included with your transcript, you must submit your transcript order via ROSI (the Student Web Service).  You will be able to upload a copy of your tracking form with your order.  This form will be included with your transcript.  There is no additional charge for including these documents.